Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Caution, I am thinking again!!

Okay, for those of you who do not know me well, I think a lot! Now, that is not to say that I am smart, or an intellect....I think it is partly rebellion that is rising up within me to swim upstream and to challenge the "norm"...sometimes though, I think it is just some twisted wiring in my brain that needs some medical attention. (you laugh,but if you were my pastor or care group leader, you might tend to agree) Phil 4:8 is a perfect passage for me to memorize because I tend to let my mind wonder and wander about things. Here is a perfect example: it is 12:23 am...I went to bed at 10:00pm and laid there for an hour unable to sleep and then I decided to get up. Recently, I bought some Peaches and thought that if I ate one, it might help me fall asleep. Here is what got me thinking.... I LOVE peaches but I have to peel them, I am a texture weird 'O and can't do the peel...so, if I do not like the peel, then really what I like is nectarines and not peaches right? This is just one mild example of a more serious problem. My thinking and questions have caused trouble in the past and I hate that. Really, sometimes, I just have questions. Sometimes I think about how dogmatic I am about certain things. You know, we say the sky is blue because someone told us it was, but how do we know that blue is really blue? What if blue is yellow and we have been wrong all this time? Do you see what I mean? My brain is on overload and I have too much to do not to be sleeping. Please pray for me.

4 comments:

Gina said...

You said: [[You know, we say the sky is blue because someone told us it was, but how do we know that blue is really blue? What if blue is yellow and we have been wrong all this time? Do you see what I mean?]]

Girlfriend, we are so much alike it scares me! I think the same kinds of things some times!! I hope you got some sleep!

missionarymomofthree said...

that blog makes me miss you!! I can actually HEAR you having that conversation with yourself....it makes me smile! keep on thinking 'outloud'...i love it!
I am praying lots for you these days as your trip to Mexico is fast approaching...how exciting and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when you get home.
love you girl....

charitysq said...

you are too funny..... i hope you get a good NAP today!
we are going to be up there the end of Aug for a wedding of a friend of mine!
maybe we will get to see you...

This old Spouse in this old House said...

Oh girl, I miss that certifiably crazy personality of yours! I too can actually picture you having this conversation and it makes me laugh. No, you do not need to change. God made you just as you are... to entertain those around. Hope to see you Christmas! I finally blogged again, so I guess I'm back.
Vic