Friday, January 6, 2012

sickness

Wow! I have not been this sick in a long long time. I mean mind numbing sleeping all day, coughing stupor. It has been rough. Kevin has been great!!!! I am so thankful for a loving husband who wants me to be better (even if only because he desires a hot meal!!; )) It has been good for Gracelyn and Kevin too. It has been good for her to have him all to herself and it has been GREAT for him to see what a day in the life of this momma is all about. He is a great dad but we often don't know or fully understand what eachother faces each day until we are thrust into that role. Thankfully, I will NEVER have to do his job at the crime lab but, I just mean that it is good for us to see the other in action!!! Gracelyn has been challenged in a different way over these last few days because the new sheriff has been in town. Kevin and I strive to be on the same page with discipline and how we long to raise our kids but sometimes when I have been here for 24-7, 365, I have been known to slack off.....so again, this has been a huge blessing for us. I would never wish sickness on myself or anyone else, but GOD uses EVERYTHING for our good. And, this was really good. I am catching up on a lot of needed rest and we are learning new things about ourselves as parents!! Thank you Lord for a sweet family and a selfless husband who has been a great nurse!!!

No comments: