Sunday, January 13, 2013

Parenting 101

So, we started a new class at church today.  We are super excited but also super overwhelmed.  Just after one class, we see where we have been and are currently failing as parents.  No beating around the bush, no wondering, just flat out in your face WORD OF GOD telling us what we need to be doing and by Gods grace, we are doing SOME things right!  My kids are growing up soooo fast.  Next month, Anabelle turns one and then in March, Gracelyn turns 4.  I think, I am going to write a letter to each of my kids on their birthday and give it to them when they turn 18.  I keep a journal but this is something a little different.  Anyway, back to parenting, we are jumping headlong into this.  Looking forward to learning so much.  Love our small group leaders and can't wait to come out stronger parents for the Lord.  Oh Lord Jesus, would you please save our kids.  Would you erase from their minds all that we have done wrong, and help them to see their GREAT need for you? Would you strengthen us for the task that you have laid before us and would you get yourself glory from it all?  In Jesus name, Amen



1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

I wanted to do that class, but it looked like all new, young parents. I wasn't sure they would be addressing my teen issues, so I didn't. Enjoy it!