Monday, January 14, 2013

BOOKS!!!!!

I LOVE books!  All kinds of books.  If I had all the money in the world, I would spend the most on books and on music.  Kevin tells me all the time, "you can get that on your reader"....electronically....well that is fine, but there is nothing like a book!  Written in, highlighted dog eared!  There are many books that I do not have that I would love to have.  I don't have any lamplighter books and I think I would really like those.  Maybe I will start getting those for Gracelyn.  But, for this year, I was thinking that I would like to read at least one book a month.  That is totally doable.  Maybe I will even be able to read 2 a month!  Here is a list of what I have so far.  I will be adding to the list and I will report back, after I have read each one.  These are in no particular order.

* Virtues of Family Life  (with Gracelyn)  William J. Bennett
*  A Faith Worth Sharing : A lifetime of conversations about Christ     C. John Miller
*  not a fan.   Kyle Idleman
*  The Mission of Motherhood (again)     Sally Clarkson
*  The Greener Grass Conspiracy   Stephen Altrogge
*  A Mother's Heart (again)     Jean Fleming
*  Across the Rose Hedge with Aunt Merry (with Gracelyn)    Landis
*  Fierce Women     Kimberly Wagner ( Almost finished with this one)
*  Let Me Be A Woman     (again)    Elisabeth Elliot
*  Sacred Influence        (Gary Thomas)

Stay tuned......book reports to follow.  ; ) 

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

I was just going to recommend my Sally Clarkson books to you! She's very encouraging and I was always able to glean some good suggestions from her.

And I love the Influence book by Thomas! Great one!