Tuesday, January 6, 2009

more randomness

Haven't updated in a while and thought that I would. I am 27 1/2 weeks and ready ready to meet this little lamb. I got sad the other day though thinking that pretty soon, I will not be pregnant any more....Lord willing, I will be again, but I have loved this so much! Someone commented to me that maybe the reason I love it so much is because I thought that it would never happen...maybe so, I don't know, I know others who have loved the whole pregnancy thing too! It really is amazing and I am humbled that the Lord would bless me in this way. I have been pretty tired lately and I guess that is normal. Last night in bed, Kevin and I were talking about baby names....uh, I guess that would be pretty important. We have not really gotten in a hurry about some of this stuff. I mean, in the beginning, I felt the urgent need to get the room ready and do all that fun stuff, but now, not such a big deal to me. I mean, I want to do it, but I am more concerned with the dirty base boards and cob webs that keep me up at night. I do not think my pregnancy has been "by the book" at all. I have not experienced cravings, or felt the need to nest. Maybe the nesting comes later...who knows right? Back to baby names, we are settled on a boy name, but can not find a girl name that just jumps out at us, which leads "some" to think that we will be upset if we have a girl. Let me say loud and clear that we do not care what we have as long as it is healthy!!!! That is for real! We just can't agree/decide on a girl name....and let me add that 10 o'clock at night is not the time to be thinking and talking about it with my baby daddy! : ) I can not believe how quickly the time has gone by. So far, I would not change any part of this process....and, if the Lord should bless us with more kiddos, we feel pretty sure that we will not find out the sex of them either!!! This has been the source of much controversy! Tee hee hee!!! Oh well, more later!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, Jennifer is a lovely name... Ha ha! :) Just kiddin'.

Gina said...

We used to joke in choir that I would name Elizabeth "JoMonica" (remember how we were GinaJoMonica?) and Monica would name her babies JoGina. Just in case you're stumped. ;) My advice - have a list of two or three names that you really like for a girl (if you can't agree) and take them to the hospital. If you have a girl, study her for a while and see if any of those "fit".

People who think you'll be unhappy if you have a girl obviously have never dealt with infertility or they wouldn't assume such things. :)

And, like you - at 28 weeks, I remember being on 430 about to get onto 630, headed to an OB appointment - Elizabeth moved around and I burst into tears thinking "I'm only 12 weeks away from this being over and never getting to do it again" (ha!!!)

If you haven't already - start asking questions about the camera policy at the hospital and see if Dr. S has one, too. Um...there was something else...oh, I know. I thought of some other registry suggestions so I'm going to send you an email.