Wednesday, November 9, 2011

thankful #9

Today, I am thankful for stuff! I don't mean this in a worldly sense. I mean it was not long ago when I was fretting over stuff. Stuff I wanted and didn't have and stuff I thought I needed. When we were expecting Gracelyn, we had very little. And, right after she was born, Kevin lost his job and we were on unemployment for the first 6 months of her life. With him bringing in not even enough for our mortgage payment, we still managed to have enough! As I was cleaning house today, I ALMOST began to grumble about all the "stuff" but immediately became convicted by my rotten attitude and thankfully I was able to turn that into a thankful attitude. Thankful that we have MORE than we need or could really ever use!!! God help us to share all that we have with our family and friends and even more so with others who have less than us. Especially as we are focusing on this time of year and then we are about to celebrate Christmas, help us to see the needs of others and not just our wants!!!!

No comments: