Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Food" for thought

Well, some of you have told me about ways to avoid "sickness".....some of you have said to eat more and some have said to drink more and others still have said to take the vitamin at night. So, today I am going to try the vitamin at night. I have tried to eat more....this morning for breakfast, I did pretty good and then at lunch, I was dying for Taco Bell...it was GREAT going down!!! I loved every minute of it but after a while, not so much!!! I didnt get sick, but I burped it up all afternoon!!! Then for dinner the best choice for me was a cheese burger and when it came, I ate two bites and was so full, I could not breathe!!!!! What is going on? Back in the day, I could have eaten the whole burger, fries and a piece of cheese cake!!! I guess this is good, because my goal is to only gain 25lbs. Some think that is an unreasonable goal, but I am trying to take care of myself. So, if this keeps up, I might just make it. This baby does like Mexican though I think. Taco Bell was a little much, but well worth it at the time.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Eat what you think you can keep down and won't make you sick. :) And if all else fails - take phenergan! With Elizabeth I could only eat chocolate ice cream or macaroni & cheese - until the gallbladder issues kicked in.

You totally can do this and only gain 25 pounds - I ate a TON when I was pregnant with my kids and the most I gained was with Katherine (30 pounds). Eat low fat meats, snack on veggies and fruit, pudding made with skim milk, Rice Krispies with skim milk. Oh, and Hershey's chocolate syrup has no fat :) York Peppermint Patties are low fat, too. But really - fruits and veggies are your best bet (though sometimes you just crave the chocolate!)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

hey girl!....
when i was pregnant with my first, I lived on Slurpees from the 7-11 and that white cheese dip at Mexican restaurants! (but then like Gina, the gallbladder died!...had to have it removed 2 months after she was born!!)....but all that to say, I only gained 30 pounds...so you can do it!!! But stay away from the white cheese...pretty sure that is what murdered my gallbladder! :)
and just an added note of encouragement....with the twins, they were full term and 7 pounds and 8 pounds and I only gained 40 with them....so I KNOW you can do 25 with one!! :) ha!

cjsmomx6 said...

I don't think I gained more than 20 pounds with each pregnancy but I did have a extra from the get go. :)
I ate whatever I wanted. Not that I am encouraging you to do so.
Try and eat healthy and drink your water. But as Gina said, if certain things make you sick, eat what doesn't. :)