Monday, April 14, 2008

Life song

I love music! I love to sing and to learn new music, I love to hear other people sing. It is so amazing to me how a song can minister to my soul and lift my spirits. It is also often that a song brings conviction to me as well. Last night, I went to hear Keith and Kristyn Getty in concert. Wow!!!! They came to my church in October of last year but I worked in the kitchen so I was unable to hear the concert. I could not help myself, I had to buy the cd. If you do not have it, you should get it. There is one song on the cd that just meets me right where I am in my journey through this life. I wanted to share the words with you here.

Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer

Jesus, Draw me ever nearer
as I labour through the storm;
you have called me to this passage,
and I'll follow, though I'm worn

(refrain)
May this journey bring a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith,
and at the end of my hearts testing
with your likeness let me wake

Jesus guide me through the tempest
keep my spirit staid and sure;
when the midnight meets the morning
let me love you even more

Let the treasures of the trial
form within me as I go-
and at the end of this long passage
let me leave them at your throne.

Lord,
Let this be my prayer!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's my absolute favorite song on that CD! Thanks for reminding me of it. :)

charitysq said...

thanks for your prayers and i love your singing!!!!

Becky Arnold said...

Thanks for sharing this song with me yesterday! Mostly, thanks for locking arms with me on this journey! Love you!

Rhesa said...

Thanks, Summer! I needed that right now!