Sunday, April 27, 2008

a sanctuary

Well,

The past few days have been, well, they have been less than wonderful. I hate it when that happens. This morning driving to church, I was crying out to God asking for forgiveness for some things that had taken place over the last day and a half and confessing to God that church was the last place I wanted to be but knowing that it was the very place that I needed to be! Praise God that He met with me there. Praise God that I have kind and loving friends who see me and ask how I am doing and know that I am having a hard time but encouraging me in the word and encouraging me to press on, to engage at church and to get into Gods word. I am reminded of a song that a sweet friend has sung at church before and some of the words are....where else have we to go when You alone have words of eternal life? Gods words are the words of life even when life seems yucky!!! Especially when life seems yucky! I am so thankful that I have a church that is truly a sanctuary for my soul and that Gods words and His people are salve for my hurts. I am also thankful for forgiveness and reconciliation. Thank you Father that You alone have words of eternal life. Thank you Father for the public reading of your word and for the words of the Psalmist...Create in me a clean heart, o God and renew a right spirit within me. Thank you for meeting with me today. I love you Lord but not nearly enough. Thank you for conviction and for only showing me small amounts of my sin at a time. You are a good and loving God, just and righteous! Thank you for my church and for the body of believers that you have placed in my life. You are alone are worthy!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Love you, sweetie. Been down that road before, believe me! There have been times in my life when church was the absolute *last* place I wanted to be (especially the 2nd Sunday in May). I'm continuing to pray for you.