Sunday, April 13, 2008

changes

So much change seems to be happening here at my house. I do not even know where to begin. First of all, things are changing the most for my sweet husband. For the past 4 1/2 years, he has been his own boss. He owns his own business and the Lord has blessed. But, recently, with the change in the housing market, business has slowed down so much so that it has become necessary for him to find additional work. Just when I thought that my love and respect for him could not grow anymore, he goes and does a thing like this! I have a friend who is listing the things that she is grateful for and right now, my hubby and his willingness to do the hard thing would be at the top of my list. We are getting up very very early to get him out the door these days and so I am looking forward to what the Lord is going to do in my life as I have early morning devotions with Him. My heart is swollen with pride that I have a hard working godly husband who will do whatever it takes to care for me. I have a renewed vigor for my job at home and look forward to seeing him walk through that door. It is a transition in that we would talk several times each day and if he wanted to take time off to stay at home or just putter around, he could do that. Now, we get to talk at lunch and when he gets home. It does make our time together sweeter though and so that is pretty good. I need prayer though because I want to continue to get up with him and help him get out the door and those of you that know me know that I LOVE my sleep. But so far, so good. Anyway, the Lord is so kind to us. I know this and I want to learn what He has to teach us through this time. If you have not thanked your husband today for all that he does to provide for your family, I would encourage you to do so. Maybe some of you work outside the home too, but still, you do not know how your words of encouragement might minister to your husband, I know they mean the world to mine. So, kuddos to you honey!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best. I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will certainly pray for you friend...the reward for your efforts will be great!!! :)
glad to see you blogging again....i miss reading your thoughts, girl! and i miss you!
take care...

Kim said...

Summer,

Your attitude is one that is sweet and encouraging. What a precious tribute to your husband. Even though I don't personally know him, I think so highly of him from your sweet words!

I have wept many times thanking God for my husband,too...just knowing what he sacrifices and seeing his sweetness to all of us on a daily basis. I am so undeserving. I see God's goodness so much through how He(God) has provided for us through my husband's hard work, generosity and self sacrifice.

We are blessed!

Becky Arnold said...

You voiced this well, friend! Thanks for sharing so honestly! It does honor Kevin and the Lord! I love you and can't wait until Thursday!

Lori said...

Hey Summer -- Thank you for your reminder to thank our husbands. I am heading off to do that as soon as I finish here. They do need our affirming words of thanks and encouragement. I know that I do not tell Steve often enough how much I appreciate all he does. So thanks for your sweet reminder. Tell Kevin that I am proud of him too and even prouder of you, my friend, for getting up early and seeing him off. You are a jewel.
Look at your calendar and let's plan a night to have you all over for dinner. Love ya, Lori

Gina said...

I remember once upon a time when Brad had been laid off from his job and he was looking for another job - during that "in between time" he went to work at McDonald's...something many people wouldn't dare do. I was so moved by how he laid aside his pride and did that for our family (and this was a time when our family was me and him -- just like with you guys now). God will reward him for that - and you, too, for your praise of him. Love you both!