Friday, March 28, 2008

Just a thought

We have been waiting for our "new" rooster to crow since he has been moved from his old home to his new one. It is possible that he is crowing but we are unable to hear because of the noise machine in our room or the fact that he is so far away from our house. But, this morning, I was up early and had the dogs outside when I heard him. 3 times he crowed, and it surprised me! It was a really neat sound. But, it got me to thinking about when Peter was telling Jesus how much he loved Him and Jesus said that before the rooster crowed 3 times, Peter would in fact deny Him. Strange, I know, but I began thinking about that and found myself saying that I would Never deny Christ in that way! But wait, would I? As I thought about it more, I thought of all the missed opportunities to share Christ that I have had, or what about the times when I have blatantly sinned when I knew that others were watching me? I was convicted that I do not always show Christ to a watching world. So, it may not be that I deny Him as verbally as Peter did, but in my thoughts and actions, I do not always put Him first in my life. I am so thankful for little glimpses of my sin that the Lord gives. Thankfully, He slowly reveals these things to us. But, I would challenge you to think, what have you said or done that could possibly count as "denying" Christ?
Lord, thank you for your Son, thank you for conviction of sin and thank you
that you do not leave us where we are. Thank you for my rooster and the lesson that we have to learn from Peter. Father, please forgive me for the missed opportunities and for all the times when I did not live for you. I want my life to be a reflection of my risen Lord and and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. -Amen

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great thought for the day! Thanks for sharing!

missionarymomofthree said...

hey friend....i looked again and couldn't find any comment you left except the one you left tonight...wierd! but just wanted you to know how good it was to hang with you while I was here. I enjoy you lots and I am glad we crossed paths! The Lord is good to bring sweet friends to me, through whatever means He sees fit...I look forward to keeping up with you here....it's an encouragement ALWAYS to see and hear how the Lord is working in the lives of others. Your openness to share is a blessing! I even wish Tropical Smoothies had been further away so we would have longer to chat!! :) thanks!!

This old Spouse in this old House said...

Hey where are the pictures of that big stud rooster (no NOT Kevin!) and his harem? I LOVE to hear a rooster crow every day, it does remind me to make efforts not to deny Christ. I now have 20 baby chicks, I sure hope there aren't many roosters in the bunch. Can't wait to see you in June and catch up on "chick chat". Love ya, Vic

Rob Bailey said...

since we are the bond servants of Christ, every time we disobey, we deny Him

Becky Arnold said...

It's time to come out and play, girlfriend! I've missed reading posts from you! Love ya!