Thursday, March 27, 2008

Put off - put on

Last night at youth group, after Tim taught, we went back to our small groups and did the normal question thing but then, Hannah did something really great!

Eph 4:21-24...that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

She started talking about what it practically looked like to put off and to put on. She said that it is easy to think about what we would put off but what would we replace it with? So, she asked the girls to brainstorm and just start saying the put offs and put ons that would replace. Have you ever done that? I mean it was so convicting. I know that I struggle with sin EVERYDAY but what can I DO to change it. Well, first, I need to pray and confess and then I need to renew my mind but then I need to make the action of putting on a priority. So, we went around the room and asked the girls to share two of the put offs that we could pray for them about. I think it is great when we can openly share our struggles and pray for one another and it is never too early to start teaching young women this. So, mine were.....put off- over sensitivity and put on -the truth and the other was to put off fear and put on trust and rest in the Lord. What would you put off today?

No comments: