Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow and almond M&M's

Beautiful!!! We woke up again today to more snow. And, because I live in the woods, it is PERFECT!!!! We have tons of birds on the porch and in the "naked" trees! At 7:00 am when my hubby went out to spray off the dish (this is very important because we must watch FOX news at all costs), he saw several deer running over the ridge behind our house and he said it was neat. If I get savvy, I might even post a picture of the snow. You know, we get real excited in the south when we get snow. I hope if any of you are getting snow today that you will take the time to enjoy your day. Often times when things like this happen, we think "oh, No!" my plans for this weekend had to be changed, but we must remember that Man plans his steps but it is the Lord who directs his path. Have a great day!! Oh yea, I almost forgot...the M&M's.... I do not love chocolate. I have a friend who does love it and often times we laugh that we do not know how we are friends because we really don't like a lot of the same things...anyway, I do LOVE almond M&M's and have a big bag that I am working my way through. Since there is snow on the ground, it is okay to eat like a maniac right? It is this thinking that has gotten me in the pickle that I am in now. Well, I did get on the treadmill this week and I lifted 2oolbs of salt for our water system yesterday..so, I will just await Monday to start fresh right? ha! ha!

6 comments:

Gina said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Summer! I guess today is a day when it'd be good to live in the country - I had some sorely disappointed little girls who were expecting to wake to snow this morning...only to wake to MUD. Now, how fun is that?

Becky Arnold said...

Yes, the snow is absolutely beautiful and really coming down! And I hope you enjoy the almond M&Ms! I wish I had some, but I am working on my chocolate kisses! Love you, friend!

Kim said...

Hi, Summer! I am looking forward to reading your thoughts here on your new blog! How fun! I am always encouraged being around you, so I know this blog will be very inspiring and joyful as well! You are such a sweet person! I look forward to getting to know you better.

We had about 3 inches of snow here...just enough to make a snowman in the front yard! Abigail has 2 soccer games today! I thought they would be cancelled for sure...you just never know with that crazy game! Mike and she went to the games and the rest of us are heading over to my parents house for the afternoon.

Have a great Saturday and we will hopefully see you Sunday!

This old Spouse in this old House said...

I'm so glad you're blogging!!! It's my only way of keeping up with you guys. Even though you don't like chocolate, we love you.My new kick is lemonheads and hot tamales, together! I'll see you in June!!! Miss you.

Kay said...

Welcome Summer, I envy your lovely description of life in the country with a roaring fire (and almond M&M's). Let me know when you add some sheep to your farm! "She looks for wool"!

Anita said...

hey girl!! glad you're back!! almond m&m's!! mmmmmmm-my favorite!