Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cozy by the fire

I love my house. I am not going to lie. About 4 years ago, my hubby and I moved out the the country and we have never looked back. We have a great fireplace that I spend a lot of time in front of (probably too much time)! I was just sitting here, you guessed it, right in front of the fire, and the crackle and pop of the logs has got me captivated. Okay, you might be thinking that I need to get a life, but really, I LOVE the one I have. There is something to me about the "sound" that the fire makes, that makes it so cozy. Yes, it is warm and I love that too, but, have you ever just sat and watched your fire? You should sometime. It is great "therapy" . Looks like I will be having therapy for a few days now as the news reports that we are in for some spring time snow!! This should be lots of fun. Now, to a more serious note, I am so amazed by the Lord, once again, He has allowed me to be in a place where I am forced to realize that it is HIM alone that I need. Last night at youth group, some discussion took place that left me thinking that for sure and for certain, the Lord uses imperfect vessels to do HIS perfect work. Lord, once again, I thank you that YOU are sovereign. I thank you that you knew just what conversation was going to take place last night and the you even ordained it. Although, I was fearful and unsure at times as to what to say, I take comfort in knowing that you did not need me to accomplish your plans for last night. Thank you that you grant grace to me each moment of the day. Lord, I do love you and I want to represent you well in all that I say and do. As a friend of mine often says, Lord let me decrease as you increase in my life. I love you Lord.-Amen

3 comments:

Becky Arnold said...

Hey girl, I'm so glad you are here! I wanted to give you the info for Susan's site: www.withthemaster.org. I am sitting by my fire, too! Loving life right now.....just wish my kids were here........

Anonymous said...

Hey Summer!
Glad you are here....I'm pretty new too....enjoying it so far. I'm slightly jealous of your fireplace, but not the impending snow! ;) I'm ready for spring!
Look forward to keeping updated on you here.... :)

Rob Bailey said...

hola, summer