Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Learning is so fun!

I am having such a great time as I sit in the Word and meditate on what God has for me there. I celebrated a birthday last month and one of my gifts was a cookbook similar to one that I already had, so my sweet friend gave me the receipt to take it back. (FYI-a true friend does not get her feelings hurt if you already have one of what she got you or you just plain do not like it, she also does not mind if you sell what she has given you in a garage sale at some point!! ) Thanks for being that kind of friend to me!!!! Anyway, I digress....with the money I got from the cookbook, I was able to put it toward a WONDERFUL resource that I have just been learning about. Matthew Henry's Commentary! It is so huge and so wonderful! I have loved it and been looking at it often. I have MILES to grow in my christian walk and this is helping me in the journey. Today, I read Psalm 121...as I was looking at vs5-6...The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.

Here are a few of the things that I learned, The word Shade used here is used as Refreshment ......M.H. " He not only protects those whom he is the keeper of, he refreshes them, He is their shade. Also, I learned in that same verse, "he promises to be our umbra-our shadow, to keep as close to us as the shadow does to the body..." "Under this shadow, we may sit with delight and assurance; He is always near to his people for their protection and refreshment..."Is that a great God or what?

Father, thank you for being my umbra! Thank you for being refreshment to my soul and for being a shadow of protection and my keeper. Lord, thank you for answered prayer and for meeting with me. I am so unworthy but because of your great love for me, you do meet with me and I am ever grateful.

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the new commentary. Have a great time with it! Love you!