Friday, May 23, 2008

Small faith, Big God

This is such a good thought that I had to share it with you all. I am struggling a bit as we all will from time to time. But, I have been so blessed by those that the Lord has put into my life. I was talking to a mentor of mine today telling her of my struggles and saying that I am sad that my faith is so small. She reminded me that although my faith is small, my God is big and that is a great comfort. I know that is true but I long to grow in faith. The Lord is doing that for me, let me assure you, but I want the growth and my response to be neck and neck....good and right. Lord, thank you that you are a big God and that you are good even when I might think differently. Thank you that you are faithful and true, and that you do not change. Thank you that even when I can not muster the courage or desire to come before you, like the lover of my soul that you are, you gently whisper to me and call me to your side. Thank you seems so little to say to YOU my father. I love you and I long to worship you in a way that points others to you and takes the focus off of me. Father, please forgive me.

1 comment:

This old Spouse in this old House said...

Hey, Sista Chick! I can call you that cause you are the only other living female I know that likes chickens! Talk about Big God, you need to google Louie Giglio Lamanin on youtube next time you're at your high tech country store. It is an 8 min. video, but awesome and on this subject of a big God. It will blow you away. I'm coming this weekend to Arkansas and will be there all week. hope we can get together. I'd love to come see your chickens! Miss ya, Vic

P.S. I finally had time to read your blogs I've missed. Loved the one about meakness.... I'm so glad I don't have trouble with that one! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha