Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sweet Laughter

With all that I "seem" to have going on right now, I had the wonderful blessing of spending some time with my sister, her family, my brother and 2 of his kids and my mom. My brother who I do not get to see often due to the fact that he is in the military, was in town to visit his two daughters this week and we decided to have a family cook out with my sister tonight. My brother manned the grill while we all played ball or threw a Frisbee in the back yard. It was a sweet time. I sooo love seeing my nieces and nephews anytime that I can. They grow up so fast and it makes me long for the day when they were babies!!! :( We played American Idol on the play station and it was so much fun. My nephew is AWESOME at all that electronic stuff so he got to be in charge.....my nieces just jumped right in and sang their little hearts out. There has been so much that has gone on in our family, that this was a nice time to see everyone let their hair down and just be together. I love being an Aunt. I loved kissing and hugging the kids tonite. My younger niece is still at the age where she will love and hug and just let you comfort her. I took advantage of that tonite because it is what I needed and I think it helped her out too. I am so blessed to have nieces and nephews that want to spend time with me. They think that I am weird but that is okay... Lord, thank you for my great family, help me not to waste time, help me to speak of You and to show your love as I am around them. Lord, thank you for a sister who believes in You and who longs to live her life in a manner that brings you glory. Lord, would you capture the hearts of my nieces, and nephews and draw them close to you. Use me in whatever way that you see fit. I thank you for the awesome privilege that you have given me to be part of this family. Protect my brother as he goes back home and Lord if you are willing, please grant us the opportunity to see his wife and other 2 kids soon. Thank you again Lord! Amen

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

I loved reading this! I am glad you had a good time with them. You are a great aunt! Love you!