Thursday, November 15, 2012

L A Z Y you ain't got no aliby

Do you remember that song?  I am confessing here.....I am lazy.  I know it, and many around me know it and I HATE it!  Just tonight as I was cleaning up dinner, I came to the very end, the very very end and I was done!  I was ready to quit....thinking to myself, oh it is just one bowl and a few forks, just leave those in the sink until tomorrow because....well because I am done!  Is that terrible?  I am not proud of this.  I am not bragging.  I am confessing and confession is good for the soul.   This blog is also an indication of my laziness.  I am a great starter and a terrible finisher.  What does the bible say about laziness?  Oh my word!!!!  Here is what Proverbs 13:4 says: " The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing....." do you see it?  Gets nothing!!!!  Not that I do things to receive things, because I don't, I do things because I am called to, because I enjoy doing things and because I have to....but to see that the sluggard craves and gets nothing makes me frightened and makes me feel sad!  I don't want to be seen as a sluggard.  I also think for myself, it makes me not a woman of my word, and that does not honor the Lord!  So, I have made a list of things that I want to continue, start or finish.....and this blog is one.  I want to continue it as I have time, because it is something that I enjoy and it helps me process sometimes.  I want to start getting up earlier because I need to in order to accomplish some things and I want to finish my home manager book...(more on that later)!!!  : p

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

You are not alone, my friend. I have struggled with laziness most of my life. God has gently worked on me mostly through making me a mother. It's hard to be lazy and be a mom. :) I love you and look forward to hearing about your home management book. Love you! And I'm so glad you are back to blogging!