Monday, November 26, 2012

Trying to NOT Grow weary

I know what scripture says about not growing weary in doing good.  Ugh!  I guess that the Lord knew that there would be days and weeks and MONTHS like this, and so in His goodness and Kindness, HE reminds us not to grow weary, because in due season, we will reap a great harvest. (Gal 6:9) But, I do grow weary and I am currently weary.  When I look around, I see many weary people.  People who are wearier than me.....and I feel badly.  I really have nothing to feel weary about.  Things are good.  We are well.  We have more than enough.  But, when my focus is off, I grow weary.  I feel that things are out of control.  But, they aren't out of Gods control....just out of my control and that means stress to me!!!  Yet, I will not give up.  I will rest and trust and pray and wait.  And work and work and work and wait....wait on the Lord to change either my heart or the situation...but He himself will not change.  Most of the time, I find that God changes me in these times...and for that I am thankful.  Oh to not grow weary.  I am weary but I am not giving up.  Thank you Lord that you hear my prayers and that you are faithful.  Thank you that I am weary because you have heard my prayers and granted my hearts desire to me.  Please give me strength to walk in your truth and to push through when the weary times come.  Thank you that you do not allow me to stay there and thank you for tiny bits of respite and small glimpses of your goodness.  Thank you for small victories.  Help me O father, to see the victories and give you the honor and praise for them!


No comments: