Saturday, November 17, 2012

What comes around, goes around

I love a deal and I love yard sales and resale shops.  Today, I found a few good deals at some yard sales, though it was COLD!!!!  I also found myself a new used bag that just MIGHT hold everything I need!!!  Also at this resale shop, EVERYTHING was 50% off!  That is dangerous for someone like me who loves a good deal and has a little extra cash in my pocket.  Thankfully, I only bought the bag and a pair of rubber boots for Gracelyn!!!  But this other place, I fell in love with it.  THE SPARROWS NEST.  This place is on  Kanis right past Bowman.  It is a resale shop but not like you would think.  It is like a designer boutique.  They do take donations, but not clothes and shoes....they take beautiful things and re purpose them into other beautiful things and then sell them to you and me.  They also take other decorator type things, candles and they have some great paintings.  And the wonderful thing about this place is, they are non profit and they use their income to help people who have been harmed by human trafficking.  This is a GREAT place and I will be going back from time to time.  I did find one little treasure.  I know, it is quirky but I just loved it.  I saw it and walked all the way out to the car, got ready to leave and just had to go back inside to get it.  It is a sugar bowl and I LOVE it!!!!


1 comment:

Journey of Joy said...

I LOVE your sugar bowl! Didn't know this place existed but want to visit now!

Also didn't know you'd picked your blogging back up, but THANKFUL to see you have! I love to read what you choose to share!