Monday, November 17, 2008

ramblings part 2 A quest for More

Have you read "A Quest for More" Paul David Tripp....you should!

I got it back out today and here is what I read:

Forgiveness is War:
This war is fought every day on the turf of my heart. But, I do not fight this war alone. The King, who has welcomed me into his better kingdom, is a warrior king who will continue to fight on my behalf until the last enemy is under his feet. This means there is hope for me even though I lose sight of the big kingdom and regress back into the kingdom of self. There is hope for me even though I would rather fight for 15 seconds of self glory than to give him the glory that actually belongs to him. There is hope for me even though I would rather win an argument than reconcile a relationship. There is hope for me even though I would rather fantasize about vengeance than grant quick forgiveness. There is hope for me even though I am good at focusing on your sin while forgetting my own. there is hope for me because I do not fight for my soul alone. Th King fights for me and everytime I ask for forgiveness, he has won another battle on my behalf.

Thank you Lord, for the encouragement found in this great book!

No comments: