Monday, November 17, 2008

ramblings

First let me say a big THANK YOU!! to my sister and her husband...I have been feeling the need to prepare the room for baby but as you might imagine, all of my extra rooms are a mess. Things needed to be moved from one room to another so that the things in the baby's room could be arranged. I know I know, there is time, this is what everyone is telling me but, I am ready to move forward a little with a few projects. My sister and Kevin did all the heavy lifting since my bro-in-law is down in his back and I am with child!! The room is far far far from being ready but it is ready enough to get started on the fun stuff like paint and decorations. I am soooo excited. I know the baby doesn't care what his/her room looks like, but I do! I also have been reading a great book by Elisabeth Elliott I can not even recall the name today but it is about christian family and how she grew up in one and how parents shape a lot of what kids think about Christianity. It is great and when I remember the name, I will post it! Yesterday at church, the baby was moving a bit when the choir was singing....I love it! I pray this little one will love music and love the Lord. I have been struggling for the past few days. A l0t of emotion that I am having a hard time understanding. I have not been right in my responses and I have AGAIN allowed fear to gain a grasp on me. Lord, thank you for your love! Thank you for friends who help me remember your love and how you show it to us and how you call us to love others. Thank you that I can trust you for all the seen and unseen. Thank you that before the foundation of the world, you knew me and you knew the exact place and time that you would bring the blessing of parenthood to pass. Thank you that you are equipping me even now to love you more and to handle whatever comes my way. Thank you that you handpicked my husband for me and that you, in your kindness are continuing to woo me and draw me to yourself. Help me Father to be flexible and teachable and a worthy vessel for your honor and glory!

1 comment:

This old Spouse in this old House said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I want to know if you have a theme or certain colors for the baby. I want you to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I want to know if I'm an aunt or an uncle ha ha.

Miss you, can't wait to do the rude thing and rub your belly at Christmas. Love ya, Vic